Friday, March 20, 2009

Nothing Much....

I wanted to quickly blog about....nothing really. There hasn't been a whole lot of activity going on. It has been quiet, almost too quiet on the adoption front. I am hopful that something will happen soon. This is not to say that I am expecting a referral before May or June, but, I would like to hear of some more referrals of little girls to keep my hope alive! I have prepared myself to miss the court closure (August-October). I had to. I didn't because I no longer have faith, I just have to protect my heart.

I have made a monumental mom decision for my boys. I have decided to send them to camp for a week. Under the circumstances, I hadn't made any plans, family or otherwise, for this summer, but, it is becoming sadly clear that our summer will more than likely be wide open. It will be great for them and of course, I know that they will have a fantastic time. Those of you who know me, know about my insane fear of water. I never thought that I would be able to let them go, but, I feel at peace with it. I am counting on them taking care of one another!

I do have a funny story that has nothing to do with anything....I was in a dinner meeting last night, a very formal meeting, where members are required to vote. I stood up, to get a pen from my purse behind me and I caught my heel and tripped, or should I say flew, into a MOVABLE wall behind me. It made a VERY LOUD noise and I wanted to crawl into a hole! Needless to say, that will not go down in history as one of my greatest moments!

Maybe I should name my daughter Grace! There might be too much irony in that though!

2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    Too funny! Not really though...I feel for you....sounds like something I would do! Too bad there aren't escape shutes hiding in convenient places in case of times like that! ;)

    Just stopped by to check out your blog and say hi!

    Wendy Pastoor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I know you're a part of OAEG, but I haven't gotten around to checking out everyone's blogs, but I really have enjoyed reading your last few posts. I agree with you about the wait. Sometimes you want SOMETHING to be going on for someone, so there is at least something to post about. It's hard for me to go to Snapfish (although I think it's awesome!) because I really get more anxious! At any rate, I can't wait for these next few months to fly by!

    ReplyDelete