Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Monthly Check-In

Ken called AAI on Friday, March 6, 2009 for our once a month check-in on our families status and we heard that it could be approximately 2 more months before we receive a referral. That seems like a long time to wait, however, I have to keep in mind that I get a lifetime with her. The stress of this situation is compounded by the looming of the court closure that occurs from August- October. If a referral is given to us sooner than later, than our chances increase of getting her home before that closure.
Once I know who she is, I think that I will be able to use my nervous energy and anxiety for good...SHOPPING! I don't dare finish up her room because there are so many unanswered questions. How old she will be is the big one! We have requested a little girl between the ages of 0-48 months, which is a HUGE range when planning and decorating a room! Bed or crib? Changing table or desk?....big difference! And the all important clothes shopping. I am chomping at the bit to buy some pink clothes. I can hardly restrain myself, but, so far I have managed to maintain some self control.
So we wait. I will certainly continue to post as information trickles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment